24 Jun What is it like to work with con-sol?
Finding the right AV and event management partner for your business is an important yet often tricky task to get right.
With an overwhelming number of elements to consider, from initial planning all the way to execution and post-event wrap up, it’s vital to make sure your event partner is across them all.
If you’re curious about what it’s like to work with us, we’ve outlined a few of the key ways we collaborate with our clients to ensure their event is nothing short of spectacular.
Single point of contact
A single point of contact means a better planned event. That’s why we assign a single Account Manager to every project. They are there to work with you at every stage before, during and after your event.
We believe that designating one person responsible for managing your event leads to the best outcomes:
- Consistency: your Account Manager knows you, your company and your event. Having one person across the entire project means nothing gets missed in a handover.
- Clarity: briefing one person means that they can ensure your needs are conveyed to everyone in the project, and you always know who to call or email.
- Personal: your Account Manager is intimately acquainted with your event and can provide tailored advice.
Choosing a venue
Choosing a venue for your event one of the most critical decisions to set yourself up for a successful event.
Location is, of course, important, but there are many other factors that can make or break your event. Con-sol help our clients to pick the perfect venue by considering elements such as:
- Ceiling height and rigging infrastructure
- Venue layout
- Installed AV elements e.g. room lighting and lighting control
- Loading dock and meeting room access
- Noise and interference
- Power distribution
- Safety management and any potential site risks
- Seating style (theatre, classroom or cabaret)
- Appropriate setup time and access
- Access to climate controls
In collaboration with your chosen venue, con-sol will complete a site and risk assessment. This evaluation assesses some of the following key requirements:
- Suitability – to determine if the venue satisfactorily fits your needs
- Logistics – planning, execution and control of the movement and stationing of personnel, material and other resources to achieve the event objectives
- OH&S – Occupational Health and Safety Licensing Compliance
- Public Liability Insurance – Certificate of Currency
- Egress – Proper location and number of exits
Bulletproof planning process
Thoughtful planning is the direct path to success. As an experienced event management company, con-sol applies years of experience to avoid pitfalls and challenges associated with your event.
The key components employed by con-sol to ensure successful event planning include:
- Detailed project plans, event budgets and run sheets
- Carefully exploring audio-visual solutions, finding the best option for your event
- Assisting to select appropriate themes and design elements to create an ideal experience for your audience
- Contingency planning for the unexpected such e.g. power failure, forced program changes or inclement weather
Our planning process ensures that your event goes off without a hitch.
Dedication to safety
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all event attendees, as well as our employees.
Our Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) manual provides our team with strict guidelines about safe work practices. AV companies are not required by law to comply with OH&S regulations, however, con-sol are dedicated to complying with OH&S standards to ensure the safety of all workers involved in an AV project.
Compliance involves a cost absorbed by con-sol. Some AV suppliers may not share our philosophy because of the cost and time required. Therefore, it is important to question an AV company about their safety policy before using their services.
For every event, we use the following checklist to ensure the ultimate protection:
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Work Method Statements
- Training Records
- Appropriate certification e.g. rigging or EWP
- Evacuation Plans
- Compiling Insurance Policies & Training Qualifications for Contractors
- Staff Inductions
Maximising your budget
We recognise that budget is one of the key constraints for any event. Our approach is to make the most value-oriented decisions when planning your event, so we stick to your budget while providing the most value possible.
We bring a creative approach to find solutions that are within your budget and will still satisfy your expectations.
Bundling your event management and AV solutions into one supplier is one of the ways we can work to minimise costs while maximising value.
Equipment can fail. That’s a fact of life. That’s why we always have a contingency plan.
Equipment failure is always a risk. Our planning anticipates potential disruptive issues, which means we’re prepared for the most common causes of equipment failure.
And when the unexpected does happen, we snap into action. No effort is too much, including the time we flew a staff member from the Gold Coast to Sydney to personally deliver a projector.
No technical jargon
We know our clients want audio-visual equipment that just works. Although we’re always happy to dive into the technical side of our work, we always communicate in plain English.
We provide a description and reason for selecting each piece of equipment, so you’re not in the dark about what we’re proposing. You can confidently make an informed decision about our audio-visual equipment.
Keen to find out more about partnering with con-sol? Get in touch. We’re always excited to take on new projects and can’t wait to discuss event possibilities with you.